Saturday, October 27, 2012

Why do I Ride a Fixie?

Fixie bike image

I have thought about this question many times. Why do I love my fixie bike? The answer is lifestyle! I absolutely love spending my free time gliding around the hustle and bustle of the city. I love floating through cars with my narrow bars. I love pushing my rear tire out to the left and sliding through a concrete playground with wind in my face (sideways skid stop), the sun in the sky and life all around me. I love how it feels like more of dance than a sport. Bloody hell, I sound more like hippy than hip!

It's just that riding a fixed gear feels so fluid compared to other bikes. It seems like the perfect city activity. If I lived in the country, I'm sure I'd be flying down a mountain on a trail bike. I live in the fringe though. I'm not in the burbs and not in the middle of skyscrapers. I live in a no man's land stuffed with graffiti, cool cafes and plenty of concrete. I am young and free and this is why I'm fixie crazy!




No comments:

Post a Comment